You might notice your teeth have become longer with gums pulling back from their normal position. It indicates that you have gum recession. The gums recession occurs due to multiple causes. The most significant cause of gum recession is the gum disease which is also termed as the periodontal disease. There is no permanent cure for gum recession, therefore you should manage it. The health of the teeth and mouth depends on the gum health.
The healthy mouth has pink gums with a consistent gum line. The gum recession results in inflamed gums with lower gum line around some teeth. The wearing of the gum tissue might occur which results in the tooth exposure.
Highlights of Receding Gums:
- The receding gums do not return to their normal position, but the further recession can be prevented.
- Visit your dentists regularly and maintain good oral hygiene. Get the treatment done for receding gums by the dentists in Thornhill.
- If you have extreme gum recession, you might need gum grafting which is a surgical procedure.
Signs and Symptoms of Gum Recession:
Receding gums often result in following symptoms:
- Red and swollen gums
- Bad breath
- Bad taste
- Loose teeth
You might feel tenderness and pain in your gums. The receding gums are more prone to bacterial attack, which is why you need to go for regular dental check-ups. Maintaining your oral care is essential.
Causes of Receding Gums:
The most severe cause of gum recession is periodontal disease, while there are other reasons as well which include:
- Poor oral hygiene
- Old age
- Medical conditions which include diabetes and others.
- Tooth brushing might also result in a recession.
Gum recession happens slowly. It is better to know the health of your teeth and gums. As soon as you notice the gums recession, you need to find a treatment for receding gums in Thornhill. Dr. Many at World Dental Clinic is one of the famous and experienced doctor if you are looking for a treatment.