Dental Emergency Toronto
Dental problems can be a burden, especially when they are unexpected. Being prepared makes these kinds of predicaments as easy as possible. Take note of emergency dental clinics in your area, and the services they provide.
There are several dental clinics that are open to the public at any time of the day. Make sure you know where to find them. Prior to going to the clinic, you have to know how to deal with emergencies.
Here are common dental emergencies, and remedies:
- Toothache – Call the dentist at once and relay your symptoms. Over the counter medications are available. Also, rather than use a heating pad, place an ice pack on your cheek to help ease the ache.
- Broken or Chipped Tooth – Dentists use white filling to offer immediate relief. This is only temporary, and you may be asked to come back for another appointment for placing the permanent filling or crown. If it is worse than that, then a root canal may be suggested which is a longer procedure.
- Lost Filling – Once a tooth filling falls off, try placing sugarless chewing gum where the filling once was embedded. Then, see your dentist as soon as possible.
- Badly Bitten Tongue or Lip – Get a clean cloth to wipe the blood from the lip, and use an ice pack to prevent further swelling. If the bleeding does not stop, go to the emergency room and have it treated at once.
- Knocked-out Tooth – If the tooth in question is an adult tooth, your dentist can put it back in its place. Make sure it’s clean, of course, by draining it with water. Place it inside a container filled with cold milk, and proceed to the dental clinic.
- Stuck food particles – Use dental floss to gently remove the particles that are stuck between your teeth. If the particle is stubborn, then you may want to see your dentist. Leaving it there can cause tooth decay.
If you are in Toronto, check out some of the establishments listed below that are open to serve dental emergencies:
- Dental Emergency Clinic
- Adelaide Dental
- Yorkdale Dental Care
- Queen St. Dental Care
- Danforth Neighborhood Dental Centre
- The Village Dentist
- City Dental on Yonge
- Dawson Dental
- Scarborough Dentist Office
- Kennedy Square Dental
- Toronto Dental Care Services
- Bay Bloor Dental
Late night dental clinics:
- Eltek Dental
- Walk-In Dental Clinic
- Late Night dental & Emergency Clinic
- Polar Dental
- Department of Dentistry