Full mouth implant reconstruction
If you are considering full mouth implant reconstruction, you are not alone. This procedure has become increasingly popular in recent years as more and more people seek to restore their smiles.
While full mouth implant reconstruction can be a great way to improve your appearance and boost your confidence, it is important to understand what the procedure entails and whether it is right for you.
What is full mouth implant reconstruction?
Full mouth implant reconstruction is a dental surgery involving placing implants in the upper and lower jaws. These implants act as artificial roots that support a full set of replacement teeth. This can be an ideal solution for people who have lost all their natural teeth, as it provides a more stable and durable foundation for the new teeth.
Who benefits from full mouth implant reconstruction?
Full mouth implant reconstruction can benefit anyone who has lost all their natural teeth. This includes people who have suffered from tooth decay, gum disease, or injury. It can also be a good option for people who have difficulty wearing dentures or are unhappy with their appearance.
What are the steps involved in full mouth implant reconstruction?
- The first step in full mouth implant reconstruction is to consult your dentist. They will assess your individual needs and develop a treatment plan that is right for you.
- The next step is to have the implants placed. This minor surgical procedure is usually carried out under local anesthetic. Once the implants are in place, they will need to heal for a few months before the new teeth can be fitted.
- The final step is to have the new teeth fitted. Once the implants have healed and are strong enough to support the new teeth, this can be done. The new teeth will look and feel just like natural teeth, and you should be able to care for them in the same way.
What are the benefits of full mouth implant reconstruction?
Full mouth implant reconstruction can offer many benefits. These include:
- Improved appearance: The new teeth will look and feel just like natural teeth, giving you a natural-looking smile.
- Improved function: The new teeth will be strong and durable, allowing you to eat and speak normally.
- Improved self-esteem and confidence: The new teeth will help you to feel better about yourself and improve your confidence.
If you are considering full mouth implant reconstruction, it is important to speak to a qualified dental surgeon to determine if it is the right treatment.