Frequently Asked Questions About Instant Teeth Whitening
Instant teeth whitening is becoming more popular as people seek easy and convenient ways to smile brighter. Several products on the market can help you achieve this goal. Due to this, it is essential to do your research to find the right one for you.
Common questions about instant teeth whitening
Like most people, you probably think that instant teeth whitening is a complicated and expensive procedure. However, this is not always the case. There are many ways to get your teeth whitened quickly and affordably.
To help you decide, here’s the list of frequently asked questions about teeth whitening.
1. Should I whiten my teeth?
As teeth whitening becomes more popular, many people look into this treatment. However, whitening the teeth will not be successful if you have the following circumstances :
- You are below 16 years old.
- You are pregnant.
- You have severe allergies and sensitive teeth.
- You have gum disease and cavities.
- You have dental restorations such as fillings and crowns.
- You have darkly stained teeth.
2. What’s the cause of tooth discolouration?
Tooth discolouration occurs for various reasons, from drinking coffee and red wine to smoking and age.
It is important to note that you need to consult your dentist to help you understand the underlying cause of your discolouration and if instant teeth whitening may be the right choice for you.
3. Can whitening treatments remove all types of stains?
The answer is no. Teeth whitening doesn’t work the same for all types of stains. In most cases, whitening treatments are more effective in dealing with yellowish teeth than brown spots.
4. Are there whitening kits I can use at home?
There are a lot of teeth whitening products that are readily available in pharmacies. Whitening strips, gels, and toothpaste are affordable and easy to use.
Despite not being as effective or fast as your dentist’s treatments, they can still significantly whiten your teeth.
5. What happens during an in-office whitening treatment?
One of the best things about teeth whitening treatments is that your dentist can create a suitable plan for your teeth. It will only take 30 minutes to 90 minutes for the procedure to complete in most cases.
Here’s what to expect during your in-office whitening treatment:
- The dentist applies a gel to your gums to protect them from the bleaching agent.
- Afterwards, they use concentrated hydrogen peroxide and apply it to your eight front teeth.
- To enhance the whitening effect, they will use a special light on your teeth.
- You’ll see that your teeth appear 8 to 10 shades brighten within an hour after treatment.
6. Will teeth whitening works even if I have veneers?
Although veneers do not stain easily like your natural teeth, they can still be discoloured in time. Dentists do not recommend using DIY whitening treatments on veneers since they do not respond well to whitening. For the best solutions to restore the brightness of your veneers, consult your dentist first.
7. How long will the whitening effects last?
Teeth whitening is not permanent. The whitening effect may fade in a month for people who constantly consume foods and drinks that cause discolouration. To keep your teeth bright, you may follow the tips below.
- After having to consume stain-causing beverages and foods, brush your teeth immediately.
- Brush your teeth twice a day and floss at least once a day to maintain good oral hygiene.
- Avoid tobacco and cigarettes since they can make your teeth yellow.
- Schedule regular dental cleanings to help remove plaque.
Achieve a whiter and brighter smile
If you are looking for a quick way to whiten your teeth, your Thornhill dentist can help. Don’t wait any longer. Schedule an appointment today and get your smile shining bright in no time!